So I'm in a fantasy baseball league and doing pretty well. The top 4 spots are tight and my team, the Wall Street Bears, were in 2nd place going into Tuesday's games. I have an open spot in my roster, so each night I scour the available players that I could pick up for one game. Usually I look for a starting pitcher who can help me in a few key categories. Guess who I picked up? Bronson Arroyo. I figured he might do well against a struggling offense in the Toronto Blue Jays. The Jays 3-4-5 hitters have as many HR's as Adam Dunn combined. So I'm safe there. Also, AJ Burnett had struggled in recent starts. I figured I had a decent shot at picking up a W as well.
The game started at 7:05. The game was over by 7:20. Here's Arroyo's line:
IP___H___R___ER___BB___K___HR
1.0__11__10__10____1____1___3
Niiiice. I'm guessing Bronson had too many JTM burgers. Either that or he was up late the night before with his powdery friend (I'll save that discussion for another day).
The reason I'll never consistently win a baseball fantasy league is because I bleed red. Um, unless you're a Vulcan, we all bleed red. Take 2...The reason I'll never consistently win a baseball fantasy league is because I am a homer. I believe our guys are better than what they really are. I'm like you buddy from college. You know the guy. He's dating a girl that no one can stand. She treats him bad, spends all his money, and has a hook nose. No matter how much you try to open his eyes, all he sees is Angelina Jolie...perfect in every way and a saint to boot.
In case you're wondering, I'm now in 4th place thanks to Arroyo's Eric Milton impersonation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Funny you should Mention the Blue Jays game. I just dropped Arroyo before that start.
Who is in charge for Marketing/Advertising for JTM? Seriously? Their go to Team is Chris Welsh and Bronson Arroyo? I wonder if they are still employed?
Post a Comment